Trainee / part-qualified Fire Safety Inspector
London / SE England
As a rapidly expanding compliance consultancy, we are seeking a trainee or part-qualified fire safety inspector to join the Fire Safety team in a full-time capacity. We are looking for someone who can cope with this dynamic role, whilst adopting a proportionate and common-sense approach to this ever-changing field.
The successful applicant will be supported by an experienced fire risk assessment team to carry out fire safety inspections within the residential housing sector.
This work stream involves the provision of reports to provide various types of fire safety information for in-house fire safety teams and may include:
- Producing technical reports and providing remedial action recommendations.
- Provide Fire Safety advice.
- Ensure clients are compliant with current legislation using the relevant guides and standards applicable.
- The assessment of the named contractors' project delivery.
- Surveying fire doors and fire stopping.
This opportunity will also lead to work as a Fire Risk Assessor, in both the housing, commercial and education sectors, for a rapidly growing company.
The person will:
- Studying/willing to study towards the NEBOSH General and Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate or Level 3 fire risk assessment qualification recognised by the IFE or IFSM.
- Have some understanding of or be willing to study UK legislation and guidance, including housing fire safety guidance and keep relevant CPD records.
- Some experience in fire safety or construction is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Be able to work on their own initiative and have an ambition to self-improve and be part of a team.
- Have a clean driving license and good links for work in the London or Nottingham/Derby areas.
Our offer to you
- Salary upto £32K DOE
- All travel expenses paid
- A commitment from Clear to offer a full training package to support your growth
- Any equipment required to carry out your role
- Flexible working arrangements, with home-working included
- To be part of an exciting company growth opportunity
- Access to employee benefits, including EV car and Bike salary sacrifice schemes
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Vince Payne.
Head of Fire Safetyvince.email@example.com
Vince is Head of Fire Safety at Clear. Prior to joining Clear, Vince spent many years in the building trade and nearly 27 years with the Essex County Fire & Rescue service. He is also a qualified fire risk assessor and fire door inspector and spent many years in a quality assurance and consultancy role within the fire safety industry.